- Children's teeth should be brushed as soon as they emerge. Starting them early can also get them used to a oral care routine.
- For the first teeth, a washcloth can be used to wipe down the teeth while the other ones emerge and while your child grows into being able to use a toothbrush.
- Once your child is of age, usually around 1 year or 18 months depending on when their teeth erupted, choose a soft-bristled, child-sized toothbrush for comfort.
- Brush your child's teeth twice a day, focusing on the back teeth.
- Floss your child's teeth as soon as two teeth emerge side by side.
- Take your child to the first dental visit on or around their first birthday.
Carlos C. Garcia, DDS
3465 N. Verdugo Rd.
Glendale, CA 91208